Vacancy for an Immigration Case Work Intern
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Crosscare Migrant Project is looking for an intern for a 6-9 month intern placement to assist our Immigration Information & Advocacy team.
*This position is also open to JobBridge applicants www.jobbridge.ie for a 6 – 9 month period for 30 hours per week if you are interested in going through this scheme please contact us for more information.
Crosscare Migrant Project is an information, advocacy and referral organisation for migrants in vulnerable situations. We provide information to migrants to Ireland as well as Irish emigrants. We also work to effect positive change in migration-related policy.
The duties of this internship are to:
• Assist in providing immigration information to migrants at our offices in Dublin 1
• Advocate on behalf of migrants with statutory and non-statutory organisations
• Refer migrants to specialist organisations and services where necessary
• Support the Immigration Information & Advocacy team to ensure excellent service provision
• Complete and maintain case files and computer database
• Gather information and keep up-to-date with immigration issues
• Participate in team and case meetings
• Contribute to the overall work plan of Crosscare Migrant Project
• Take on non-client project work, to be developed as required
Hours and expenses*:
Hours: 3 days per week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9.30am to 5pm) with potential for 1 additional day
Duration: 6 - 9 months
Expenses: Travel and lunch expenses (maximum of €15 per day)
*If you are applying under JobBridge these details are different
• Fluent in English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Commitment to social justice and equality
• Knowledge of the Irish immigration system
• Fluency in other languages
• Previous experience of information and advocacy work
• Previous experience of recording data
• Previous experience of website development and maintenance
Your application should include a CV and a cover letter outlining your previous work experience, why you want to do this internship and your availability.
Please email your CV and cover letter marked ‘Immigration Case Work Internship’ to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 19th January 2015.
For further information about Crosscare Migrant Project and our work visit: www.migrantproject.ie and www.livinginireland.ie.