Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011
Crosscare Migrant Project (CMP) is an information, advocacy and referral organisation for migrants in vulnerable situations. CMP provides information to intending, existing and returning Irish emigrants as well as migrants to Ireland. CMP also works to effect positive change in migration-related policy.
To work with the Policy Officer, Policy Working Group and the CMP immigration information team in the following areas:
• The formulation of policy positions, submissions and proposals for CMP
• The design of strategies to further CMP’s social policy positions
• The implementation of these strategies using various lobbying and campaigning tools
• Keeping up-to-date with CMP client issues and patterns
• Keeping up to date with policy developments
• Attendance at meetings, seminars and conferences relevant to our work
• Working as part of a team, engaging in team meetings, supervision, review and planning sessions as relevant
Hours: 2 to 2.5 days per week from Wednesday to Friday. You will also be expected to attend team meetings which take place once a month on a Wednesday morning and 2-3 Policy Working Group meetings. The internship is for a six month period.
Location: The internship is at our office at 1 Cathedral Street, Dublin 1 with some time at our offices at headquarters on Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3.
Support and Supervision: There will be ongoing support and structured monthly support and feedback meetings.
Costs: Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed (to a maximum of €15 per day) once completed expenses sheet and receipts have been submitted.
Skills and Experience of the Intern:
• Fluent in English
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and on own initiative
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of the Irish immigration system
• Relevant academic qualification
• Previous experience of working in an NGO particularly in the area of immigration
Please email CV and cover letter entitled ‘Policy Work Internship’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 16th May 2010. Your cover letter should outline your previous work experience and education, why you want this internship and your availability. Interviews will be held in the week beginning 23rd May 2011.
The Internship will begin in early June 2011. For further information about Crosscare Migrant Project and our work visit: www.migrantproject.ie and www.livinginireland.ie
This project is co-financed by the European Commission under the European Integration Fund and is supported by the Office of the Minister for Integration and Pobal.
CMP encourages applications from non-EEA nationals for this position.
This project is co-financed by the European Commission under the European Integration Fund and is supported by the Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration in the Dept of Justice & Equality & Pobal.